For all media inquiries, please call Pema Dechen Sommer at (646) 599-2645 or email email@example.com.
Pema is a trained doula and certified lactation counselor (CLC), and is a licensed RN and Midwife in India where she was born and raised in a Tibetan exile community.
Pema would be happy to speak on a variety of issues relates to pregnancy and women's healthcare and childcare, particularly as they result to traditional Tibetan culture.
- Tibetan approach to nutrition during and after pregnancy
- Tibetan view of breastfeeding (e.g. average length of breastfeeding, evolving attitude to colostrum, etc.)
- Postpartum care for women and children after delivery (e.g. traditional dishes for mothers, traditional massage techniques)
- The unique value of Tibetan nannies
- Tips for communicating with your Tibetan nanny
- Doula (non-medical birth partner) care during L&D and postpartum
- Non-pharmacological pain relief methods used by doula (e.g. applying counter-pressure on hip and sacrum during contractions)